Monday, December 27, 2010

Post-Christmas Post

I hope everyone had a fabulous Christmas.  We certainly did in this house between the annual (adult) Christmas Party to the arrival of Santa Claus on Christmas Day through the incredible family feast at my brother-in-law's home - we were blessed to enjoy every bit of the season.  The children very much enjoyed what they received from us and from 'Ol Saint Nick, and I've very excited that some of the gifts received - such as  a few newly acquired musical instruments will hopefully, likely start them down a path that they will come to enjoy for the rest of their lives. 

From a blogging standpoint, I was pleased to be able to post about 10 different entries for my 20 Day Countdown to Christmas series.  It was a lot of work and took plenty of research and time to compose - which is particularly difficult around Christmastime.  I will likely continue the series next year with the intention of adding more traditional stories and and some current reference points of local interest.

Sadly, I did miss blogging about a two key astrological events that took place in December although - unfortunately for those of us living in Connecticut - mother nature spoiled them as both events were not viewable due to thick cloud cover.  The first was the Geminid Meteor Shower - which boasted to provided viewable as many as 100 meteors an hour, and second was the December 20th full eclipse.  I attempted to get a glimpse of both, but as mentioned we were very unlucky this year due to cloudy and wet weather.

With less stress to make a targeted deadline, I can get back publishing individual posts on general topics of interest while weaving in a few series posts to come including my birding series, astronomy series, and musical instrument series.  How I intend to approach these series is still a mystery but it will evolve the way most things do.  Since I don't get paid for my blog work, I can let it take its own course.

In any case, should I forget, and should I not get around to posting for a few days ... Happy New Year!


The original blog article can found at my blog Random Selection which is located at  www.randsel.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment